Semduramicin sodium (SEMD) - Medicating Ingredient Brochure
This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
Status: Over the counter
Date of revision: November 2002
|Approved livestock species||Approved claim(s)
(abbreviated) Table Note 1
|Withdrawal time||Name of approved brand(s)|
|Aviax Medicated Premix 5%|
- Table Note 1
In order to be compliant with the Feeds Regulations, the complete claim must appear on the medicated feed label.
|Approved claims||Name of approved brand(s)||Drug concentration in DIN product|
Medicated Premix 5%
(from semduramicin sodium)
at 50 g/kg
Approved for use in meal or pellet feed
As an aid in the prevention of coccidiosis caused by Eimeria tenella, E. acervulina, E. maxima, E. necatrix, E. brunetti and E. mitis in broiler chickens.
Level of medicating ingredient in a complete feed
25 mg/kg (0.0025%) of semduramicin sodium in the complete feed.
Directions for use in a complete feed
The medicated feed is to be fed continuously as the sole ration up to 2 days before slaughter.
- Treated birds must not be slaughtered for use in food for at least 2 days after the latest treatment with this medicated feed.
- Do not feed to laying chickens.
- Do not feed to replacement or breeding chickens
- Do not use in feeds containing pellet-binding agents with the exception of Lignosol and Agri-Colloid. (Required on premix and supplement labels only)
- Do not use this drug for the treatment of coccidiosis.
- Consult a veterinarian or poultry pathologist if losses exceed 0.5% in a 2-day period.
Semduramicin sodium is compatible with the following drugs/drug combinations. In cases where there are differences in withdrawal time for the compatible medicating ingredients, the longer withdrawal time is the one that must be used, and is the only one that is to appear on the label of the finished feed. For details, refer to the MIB as indicated.
|Name of medicating ingredient||MIB code||Name of approved brand(s)||Applicable claims|
|Bacitracin (as bacitracin methylenedisalicylate) (at 55 mg/kg in the complete feed)||BACN-M||
- Date modified: