Archived - Notice to industry – Extension of consultation on proposed changes to the Feeds Regulations
This page has been archived
Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or record-keeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
September 8, 2021
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) is extending its current consultation on proposed changes to the Feeds Regulations.
The changes were published in Canada Gazette, Part I, on June 12, 2021 for a 90-day comment period ending on September 10, 2021. The consultation has been extended to October 15, 2021.
The proposed amendments would modernize the federal Feeds Regulations, 1983 by:
- effectively managing risks that livestock feeds pose to animal health, human health and the environment
- reflecting international standards and keeping up with industry innovation, science and technology, and
- allowing for innovation and flexibility through outcome-based regulations
Please submit comments by October 15, 2021.
How to participate
- Read the proposed regulations in Canada Gazette, Part I and submit your comments using the online regulatory consultation system
- Read the proposed documents incorporated by reference
- Read the fact sheets and guidance documents to better understand the proposed regulations
If you have any questions about this consultation, please send an email to the Animal Feed and Veterinary Biologics Division.
- Date modified: