Archived - CFIA revokes the fish processing registration of Establishment #4233, Red Cove Seafood Products Inc.
This page has been archived
Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or record-keeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
January 19, 2016, Ottawa: The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) has revoked the fish processing registration of Establishment #4233, Red Cove Seafood Products Inc., located in Cape Wolfe, Prince Edward Island, effective January 8, 2016.
The CFIA has determined that adequate controls for food safety are not being reliably implemented in the facility on a consistent basis, as required by the Fish Inspection Regulations. Specifically, Establishment #4233 was unable to maintain minimum regulatory standards for construction and equipment.
The registration is being revoked after repeated registration suspensions and refusals to renew by the CFIA.
There is no recall associated with this revocation.
The facility has been informed of the right to appeal this decision under the Fish Inspection Regulations.
Any request to reinstate the certificate must be provided in writing within 30 days of the revocation. Assessment criteria used to determine if the certificate of registration should be reinstated may include:
- an evaluation of the written submission;
- if applicable, on-site verification of any corrective actions; and/or,
- interviews with management and operators through a formal hearing and/or on-site visits.
Licences and registrations of federally registered establishments or companies can be suspended, cancelled or revoked for failure to comply with relevant CFIA Acts and Regulations. The CFIA publishes a list of suspensions, cancellations and revocations on its web site.
- CFIA Advises Establishment 4233, Red Cove of Non-Renewal of Registration (Date of registration reinstatement 2014-07-16
- CFIA Suspends Operations at Establishment 4233, Red Cove (Date of registration reinstatement 2014-04-14)
- CFIA Suspends Operations at Establishment 4233, Red Cove (Date of licence reinstatement: 2013-10-09)
CFIA Media Relations
- Date modified: