Archived - National Plant and Animal Health Planning Forum
This page has been archived
Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or record-keeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
In December 2016, the National Plant and Animal Health Planning Forum brought partners together in Ottawa to discuss the future of plant and animal health in Canada. 168 participants attended the Planning Forum, representing 95 organizations, including national and provincial industry associations, federal and provincial government departments, academia and more. Participants identified key goals to enhance the protection of plants and animals in Canada and planned and prioritized related actions.
- Bring together all partners to collaborate on the future of plant and animal health in Canada
- Prioritize and plan key actions that will enhance plant and animal health in Canada
- Pre-Forum webinar from Plant Health Australia, Animal Health Australia and the Australian agricultural industry on government-industry partnerships in plant and animal health
- Plenary discussions and voting on strategic content for the Plant and Animal Health Strategy
- Presentations on Canada’s approach to responding to animal health emergencies and Australia’s program delivery model
- Thematic break-out sessions to draft action plans
- Kiosks on plant and animal health initiatives
- Social media-supported dialogue on plant and animal health in Canada
- Idea wall for participants to express innovative ideas
- Forum evaluation to help assess the success of the forum
- Active multi-stakeholder discussion on a variety of topics related to the future of plant and animal health
- Planned and prioritized key actions to enhance plant and animal health in Canada
- Identification of multi-stakeholder volunteers to participate in working groups that will be organized to further develop the plant and animal health strategy
A summary of the Planning Forum is available. To request a copy, please Contact us.
- Date modified: