Share your thoughts: Consultation on origin labelling of imported foods from a contested territory
Current status: Open
Opened on July 10, 2023 and will close to new input on October 10, 2023.
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) is seeking feedback from stakeholders, including consumers, on labelling of the origin of imported foods when the food originates from a contested geographical area or territoryFootnote 1.
How to participate
- Review the question in the consultation document
- Submit your ideas, concerns or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org and include "Origin Labelling Consultation" in the subject line.
Who is the focus of this consultation
The CFIA is seeking comments from:
- consumers and consumer associations
- food industry and industry associations
- trading partners
- academia and experts
- other government departments/agencies, including provincial/territorial and municipal
Key theme for discussion
CFIA would like to hear from you regarding origin claims of imported food products from a contested territory in the context of Canada's domestic food labelling requirements. Your feedback will help us develop origin labelling guidance for these situations.
- Email: email@example.com (include "Origin Labelling Consultation" in the subject line)
- Date modified: