Framing competitiveness and innovation for success: Closed consultation
Current status: Closed
This consultation ran from January 18, 2021 to March 19, 2021.
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) launched a public consultation, "Framing competitiveness and innovation for success", to seek feedback on how to further strengthen its regulations, services and programs to help enable competitiveness and innovation in the agriculture and agri-food sector.
Who was the focus of this consultation
The CFIA engaged with:
- Canadian businesses in the agriculture and agri-food sector including small and medium-sized enterprises and businesses owned and operated by diverse population groups including but not limited to Indigenous Peoples
Key questions for discussion
The CFIA sought feedback on the following areas:
- Cumulative impacts of incremental regulatory requirements
- Considerations for small and medium-sized enterprises, diversity groups and Indigenous peoples
- Prioritization of regulatory activities to support market access of new/innovative products
- Targeted Regulatory Review: Agri-food and Aquaculture Roadmap
- Report of Canada's Economic Strategy Tables: Agri-food
Program Policy Integration Division
- Date modified: